Saturday, December 11, 2010

Probably my favorite Holiday food.

I know it's wierd. But, I'm wierd. I make this every year--at least twice--during the Holidays---and I love it. I don't really need a recipe anymore. I mostly just eyeball the ingredients. I recently discovered how wonderful caramel sauce is on top.

Peanut Butter Pie--(Paula Deen's recipe adapted a bit!)

1 three or four ounce package cream cheese
1 cup confectioner's sugar--I always use less
1/2 cup peanut butter--I always use more
1/4 cup evaporated milk--I use 1/8 cup of 2%
large container of cool whip--I use about 3/4 of it
8 inch graham cracker crust

Whip the cream cheese until fluffy, then beat in the sugar and peanut butter. Slowly add the milk, blending well. Fold in the cool whip and spoon this into the graham cracker crust. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. Let pie thaw for 5-10 minutes before serving. Slice and serve with caramel sauce and extra cool whip. This pie keeps really well--just stick it back in the freezer.

(I know I'm awful! I need to just follow the recipe as is! I just can't.)

1 comment: