Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Texas Pie

One of my favs. I had forgotten about this!

Texas Pie
1lb. ground beef
1/2 chopped onion
2 small potatoes sliced very thin--this is optional--I LOVE potatoes in my Mexican food so I added them in. Slice them thin
1 can corn, rinsed and drained
1 can favorite beans, rinsed and drained
1 packet taco seasoning
1 handful or so of brown sugar
1/2-1 cup shreddded cheddar
1 deep dish pie crust or 2 small crusts

Prebake crusts 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Be sure and poke holes in crust with fork before baking. Brown ground beef with onion and potatoes. I added ground pepper, pinch of garlic powder, pinch of onion powder, pinch of cumin and pinch of paprika to this mixture--this is optional---I am REALLY trying to cut down on salt so I'm looking to season other ways! Add taco seasoning, corn, beans and brown sugar. Mix well. Pour into pie crust(s). Top with cheese and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes at 400 degrees. Serve with sour cream. Yummy. My family LOVED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment