Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Peach Cobbler

Peaches are in. And the Cheeks are partaking--to the tune of 75#. Yes, that's right, 75 lbs. of peaches have passed through this home--literally--HA! No, no, we haven't eaten them all. . . yet. I've "put up" about 1/2 of what I have bought. This cobbler is delicious and EASY. Give it a try with other fruits too!

Peach Cobbler

1 stick REAL butter melted
1 cup plus 4 T. sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup NOT skim milk
3 cups of fresh, sliced and peeled, ripe peaches (I like my cobblers fruity. It makes me feel less guilty!)

Whisk 1 cup sugar, flour and milk together. Whisk in melted butter. Pour mixture into greased 3 quart baking dish. Sprinkle the sliced peaches evenly on top of the batter. Sprinkle 2 T. sugar on top. Bake for 50 minutes at 350*. Remove from oven. Sprinkle remaining sugar over the top and return to oven for 5-10 more minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes OR SO. Enjoy with ice cream!

My mother said this is an old classic recipe--actually the same one my grandmother made many years ago.

NOTE--If you like cinnamon, feel free to add a tsp. OR SO! It is good either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment