Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Butternut Squash

So busy here. Today I cooked a "mess" of butternut squash. My kids loved it and so did their mom. Wait, I loved it!

Butternut Squash

Squash-halved lengthwise.(Cut from bottom of squash up towards stem, much easier). De-seed. Place halves skin side up in greased 9x13 with approximately 1/2 inch water in bottom of pan. Bake for 30 ish minutes. After 30 minutes, turn squash over (flesh side up). Sprinkle with butter and brown sugar--if desired. Bake another 10 ish minutes until fork tender. Adjust cooking time based on size of squash. Mine were pretty large.

I knew I would be pushed for time tonight and we would be STARVING! What's new you say? So, I placed 3 large butternut squash-halved, skin side up in large roasting pan, with bit of water. I had to semi-stack the squash, so it would ALL fit in the roasting pan. I sealed it with foil. I then slow cooked it at 300 degrees for about 2 hours. It was perfect. No trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment