Thursday, September 2, 2010

He's 5. . .

and I'm not coping well. It really doesn't seem possible that 5 years ago today I told those nurses, "I'm sorry ya'll. . . this baby's coming. . . ". I really tried to not deliver him in the wheelchair.

I cannot believe he is 5. He started Pre-K. It has been like him starting school for me. It is so tough to let them go. . .

And then today, I was distracted---the baby was sick.

This is when you pray hard and look up. . . and pray that they always look up. . .

the perfect Buttercream frosting (for any little boy's birthday cake)

2 sticks butter softened for about 1 hour at room temp.
whip it I say whip it.
Gradually work in about 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
Add 1-2 tsp. of vanilla extract now.
whip it.
Add 4-5 tsp. milk.
whip it.
Add another 1/2 cup or so of powdered sugar until desired consistency.

So delicious and so easy. Extra easy if you own a stand mixer.

Note--You can easily add cocoa to this or a different variety of extract. If you add cocoa you may need to add more milk. I also added food coloring to some of mine and piped it on the cake using a plastic storage baggie with the corner snipped off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment