Friday, September 10, 2010

TUBES and what-not

WELL, well, well. What a week is all I have to say. Oh, don't worry, I've been in the kitchen and EVERYWHERE ELSE it seems. I took Satch this a.m. (at 5:30) to have bilateral tubes placed in his ears. I was very concerned about this, but it went so well. Thank you God. I also got 30 minutes after the procedure to rock him, nurse him, thank God for him in the stillness and darkness of the recovery area. It was so nice. In honor of Satchel:

Smothered Steak--Satchel Style

cube steak-desired amount--I did about 5-6 large steaks
3/4 cups Panko crumbs, 3/4 cups Italian Bread crumbs mixed together
canola oil for frying
2 packets brown gravy mix--the "make on the stove" kind--you know REAL easy--you just add water--go ahead and make it and use a little extra water

Dredge both sides of steaks in crumbs. Set aside. Heat about 1/2 cup canola oil in large nonstick pan. (medium-high heat). Brown steaks for about 2 minutes a side. Place browned steaks in Crock-Pot. Feel free to pile em' in on top of one another. Pour brown gravy over top and cook away--for like 6 hours on low. YUMMO! Super tender and flavorful.

NOTE--I have an oval crock pot. This meat does best when cooked in lots of gravy, so if you need 3 packets, feel free. Just try to make sure meat is mostly covered with gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment