Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blessed

I sit here tonight--at the table--blessed. It is late--er. The older kids are with Airl at SDC and I am here with my Mo. Have you ever stopped to think how blessed you are to feed your children? Tonight I am thinking this as I sit and feed him his baby oatmeal. He loves to eat and I love to feed. I was thinking about how "whipped" nursing him makes me---and I have enough to eat.

Imagine what those mommas feel like who don't have enough to eat themselves but still yet give their very last drop of energy/milk to their young.

I often think God must have something grand in mind for those of us who have enough to eat and clothes on our back. I hope and pray I am able to fulfill even part of what he has in mind for me. NO, I hope and pray I am able to fulfill EVERY part of his will for me.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to his power that is at work within us."---- from Paul's letter to the Ephesians, I believe.

Enjoy your dinner tonight and remember to tell him thanks. I felt like Ma earlier. I cooled a cherry pie in my window sill---I'll post pics later.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a different, yet eye-opening, perspective! Thank you for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete