Friday, April 9, 2010

Frozen ground beef+crockpot

I knew the day was going to get busy quickly. I also knew what I had in the freezer. I pulled out 1 lb. frozen ground beef this a.m. around 8. I left it out on kitchen counter hoping it would thaw quickly. It was 93% lean(I think this is one of the reasons this recipe worked--bc the beef was so lean). Around 11, I get the crazy idea to try the still FROZEN ground beef in the crock. Well guess what--it worked. I cannot believe this worked.

Tasty tacos
1 lb. half frozen ground beef, broken up into 6 big chunks
taco seasoning packet
1/2 chopped medium onion
handful shredded carrots--trust me here--it is good in tacos.
2 T. water
canola oil

grease crock with canola oil. Add veggies. Add 1/2 capful oil to veggies. Mix with hand. Top with chunks of still frozen ground beef. Sprinkle on taco seasoning and water. Cook on high 4 hours.

When I returned home, meat was fully cooked. I simply used spoon to mix all together and break up chunks. Yum.

Addendum--you can stop here. OR make your meat go further and the kids eat more veggies> > > I added 1 can rinsed, drained pinto beans and 1/2 can corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment