Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pie crust

Tonight I'm feeling ultra fatigued so I think I better blog early.
Seriously the best pie crust I've EVER EVER made and one of the best I've ever eaten.

Pie Crust
2 sticks frozen salted butter thawed for about 15 minutes
1/2 cup ice cold water
1 1/2 cups flour

Process or cut in butter with flour until mealy. Thank goodness for food processors! Add water. Blend until all dough pulls away from side of bowl. Thank goodness again for food processors. Dough will be on the wet side. Trust me here. Chill in fridge for about 15 minutes. GENEROUSLY flour counter. Allow yourself ample counter room. Roll dough to desired thickness. Makes 2 deep crusts. DO NOT OVERWORK YOUR DOUGH! Generously flour the counter and make sure you have AMPLE room so you do not have to reroll!

I used this dough for a quiche and an apple pie. It worked well for both! E

No comments:

Post a Comment