Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jalapeno cornbread

I hope I spelled the title correctly! Anyway you get it. Jiffy cornbread mix IS NOT my favorite. But, I had it and it needed to be used, so away I went.

1 box Jiffy
1 small can green chilis
1/2-1 cup whole kernal corn. (I used canned-rinsed and drained)
1 egg--farm fresh ALWAYS best
bacon grease
shredded cheddar(if desired--I like sharp cheddar freshly shredded)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease pan with bacon grease--I use 8 inch cast iron skillet and melt bacon grease in oven--You don't have to do this. You could just spray small pan with "Pam". Mix remaining ingredients. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and add cheese if desired. Bake for another 10 minutes. Corn bread is good with and without cheese. Enjoy with big pot of beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment