Friday, April 16, 2010

This is a Good One-Minestrone Soup

I was rackin' my brain tonight for something to share. I'm tired girls. I bought Subway last night w/my Subway card(thank you Tera for the Bday gift!) and tonight Grandpa Red took us to eat fish. So Mrs. Cheek's Kitchen has been closed.

After all that rackin' I remembered this little pearl.

First of all, check out your local down-home meat store. They can have tremendous meat at ok prices. The one just down the road from me has been open for years. I remember going with my grandfather on special occasions to buy steaks. They open at 5:30 A.M. and in addition to selling meat, also sell plate lunches and breakfast-- and homemade pie and cookies.

I knew they had GREAT meat, but who knew they made their own greaseless sausage? Yes girls thats right-QUALITY SAUSAGE!!!--a hard find. The owner swore to me it wasn't greasy--I reluctantly bought and immediately fell in love! Now, I can eat and cook no other. Did I mention the seasonings are great too?--not too hot---not too wimpy. So I said all that to say---Check out your local meat shop--you might just fall in love!

Minestrone Soup
1/2 lb.--1 lb. Quality Breakfast Sausage
2 cans Minestrone Soup (Progresso Brand)
1 can Diced Tomatoes with Green Pepper/Onion
optional--another can of diced tomatoes--I like those petite diced--I'm a BIG tomato fan!
Fresh ground pepper
Shredded or grated parmesan cheese

Brown sausage. Drain off grease(if there is any). Mix all ingredients in stockpot and heat to medium. Serve with shredded or grated parm. I LOVE EASY.

No comments:

Post a Comment