Monday, April 12, 2010

Fry Momma Fry--Fried Pork Chops and Taters

Fried pork chops-EASY

#4-6, 3/4 inch lean chops no bone
1 1/2 cups white flour
seasoned salt or cavendars or salt, pepper, herbs (whatever flavor you like; flavor the flour generously--I probably used 3 tsp.or more of Cavendars)
plastic gallon storage bag (large "ziploc")
2 beaten eggs
canola oil

Mix flour and season salt in large storage bag. Beat eggs in deep bowl. Dredge chops in flour, then eggs, then back in flour. Shake off excess flour, but don't be skimpy-fine line here. Pour oil to depth of 1/2 inch in skillet-I use a non-stick skillet. Heat to med-high. Test the oil by dropping small pinch of flour in oil. If it sizzles nicely, and doesn't burn up, you are probably ready. I use a 12 inch skillet and cook on electric burners. It takes my oil about 5 minutes to get to the correct temperature. Drop (lay) chops in. I only cook 2 at a time so I can watch them close and control the oil temp. Cook 4-5 minutes per side until deep golden brown. Yum. I served w/bbq sauce and ketchup. I should have made gravy but no time.

"Fried" Potatoes
3 cans sliced new potatoes rinsed and drained in cold water
canola oil
salt, pepper, garlic

Wipe previously used for pork chops skillet down with paper towels. Coat bottom of skillet with canola oil--just a nice coating--no need for excess. Heat oil to medium high heat. Drop taters in, season, toss around in pan, season, and fry baby fry. Takes about 6-7 minutes. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment