Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I keep my promises-BEANS

I dig beans--home cooked beans.

1 bag pintos (the smaller bag)I think it is 1 lb.
3/4-1 pound ham cut into small pieces(more of less, depending on how much you like, this amount gives enough flavor). I ALWAYS use leftover ham. Thank you Easter.
couple strips of bacon cut into small pieces--don't need much for good flavor
fresh black pepper
Lawry's Season Salt
1/2 medium onion-diced small

Soak beans overnight. Combine beans, both meats and onion in crock pot. Spray crock pot with "Pam" first. Sprinkle generously with fresh pepper. Mix together well--I use my clean hand. Cover with water approximately 2 inches above bean line. Cook on low 8-10 hours. After cooking, sample. Add Lawry's as needed. Remember Lawry's comes out of container fast and is SALTY. Don't oversalt. You can ALWAYS add more. Delicious with canned greens. I eat the beans like soup with the greens mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment