Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pancakes--Cheeky style

My kids love breakfast--and pancakes. Check the quantity here. And guess how many I got-NONE--Thats right NONE. I guess I forgot to mention Hubs loves them too. I did sample one--2 pinchs or so-they were yum. I really believe in a good breakfast. I also believe in sneaking in extra fruit and veggies whenever possible. Did I mention my kiddos are only 5 and 4? And I had to feed my 4 y/o a 2nd breakfast 1 hour after this one?

2 cups whole wheat pancake mix
1 cup applesauce
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup milk--may need a splash more--just check batter
2 capfuls canola oil
pinch of salt
1 small egg
makes about 14 cakes

Mix all ingredients. Do not overmix. Let batter rest 2-3 minutes. Preheat griddle to 300. Bake for 3ish minutes per side. I know this is a long baking time but due to the fruit--they need it! Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment