Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Country Style Pork Ribs-Cheek style

Country Style Pork Ribs-Cheek style

Ok, let me first point out a few things about these knock off ribs. They are lean. They are cheap. They are delicious when cooked properly. This recipe is what I like to call a 2-1-1

Country Style Pork Ribs

Start with 1 1/2-2 lbs ribs
1/2 cup bbq sauce of your choice-I like the cheapo kind from the discount grocery store--Actually it is Hunt's original--but it was CHEAP
1/4 cup Italian Dressing--I used Robust Italian
1/4 cup H20--thats code for tap water

Mix all liquids ingredients. Place pork in a (greased)dutch oven or small casserole pan. Season with fresh ground pepper. Pour mixed ingredients over pork. Cover. Bake at 225 degrees for one hour. Remove from oven. Turn ribs over and add additional bbq sauce as desired. I added about 1/3 cup--just eyeball it. Cover and bake an additional hour. Remove from oven. Keep covered but let cool about 1 hour. Then remove ribs and shred meat. Return meat back to sauce. Simply delicious. (I'll add Airl and the kids' ratings after we eat this tonight. I sure thought this was good). Did you catch the 2-1-1?

No comments:

Post a Comment