Monday, April 5, 2010

Chicken Cheekurritos--EASY

So often I get inspired from others for new dishes. I take a recipe and make it my own--Cheek style. I invite you to do the same! Please share back with me!
Marla inspired these. I will post a picture of her later(as soon as I learn how). She is so pretty on the inside and out.

1 lb. nasty frozen chicken breasts (They need to be the cheap kind---you know the kind that has broth and parts added. They aren't that nasty--just kind of funny shaped---kind of large I've noticed---well large when frozen, they change dimensions upon thawing). Go ahead and thaw them for this recipe.
1 can black beans--drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernal corn-drained and rinsed.
1 can mild Rotel--off brand is fine.
1 crockpot sprayed with "Pam"-please you know I don't use name brand cooking spray!
cumin powder, garlic powder, salt and fresh pepper
1 package flour tortillas--I used whole wheat

Place chicken breasts in crock. Season with 1/2 tsp or so of all above spices. Add in additional ingredients. Cover with lid and cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours on High.

Arrive home late. Remove lid from crock. Shred chicken using fork. YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW TENDER IT IS! Mix all back together. Sample. Add a pinch more of above spices if desired. I LOVE CUMIN---take it easy of fake garlic-it can get OUT OF CONTROL quickly. Get cranky b/c you are so hungry. Fix milks, baby food and Airl's "crystal light". Get crankier--Instruct children ONCE again to wash their sweet little paws before eating. Warm tortillas and stuff with chicken mixture. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese(I like extra sharp), salsa and cilantro. Simply delicious and WAY too easy and healthy to be THAT good.

Of note---You will not believe the quantity this makes. Tomorrow--beans.
Pictures of family coming SOON!

1 comment:

  1. We had the leftovers the other night...DELISH...I rolled the "mixture" in tortillas...covered with picante sauce and a little cheese..baked at 350 for 25 minutes...YUMMO!!!
    Neat posts...i think i need a bundt pan..oh yeah and the cheap, frozen chicken breasts are a staple for the Deweys :)

    ReplyDelete